Monday 8 November 2010

Lay their sweet heads down...

I always longed for sons. I knew that I wanted them close together. I knew that they would be wonderful friends. I imagined the wrestling and the play fighting and banter. I didnt have to wait long at all for my first son to be born - I fell pregnant with the next one 7months later. I knew in my heart of hearts that he, too, was a boy. Everything had happened on earth as it had in my head heaven.


Not long after, the reality of two sons (one of whom is a climber, adrenaline seeking little junky), 16 months apart, began to set in. I spend most of my day preparing, feeding and cleaning up after meals. Preparing bottles. Policing them to sleep. When Asher was born Levi was so gentle and loving and kind, and for the first four months or so showed him a lot of attention. Then they both seemed forget the other existed, with the exception of the hours of spurring screeching on by echoing their brothers moans.

I had days, LOTS of days where I thought WHAT HAVE I DONE? Most of them were wonderful, dont get me wrong. But boy o, did I have days. I saw very little fruit. My head heaven certainly was not happening on earth!




Then today it happened. In the midst of making up Levi's new big boy bed, and trying to get some photos of said bed for you, the most beautiful thing happened. Head heaven happened on earth. My babies became brothers. They shared brotherly love. They chatted. They wrestled. They cuddled. They loved. Love covers all sins. I knew that. Who knew that two little peoples love for each other could cloud over some of the toughest months of my life, just like that - in an instant.



Everytime I see our bargain cushions now, I will be reminded. Love. Brotherly love that will see them through their lives. A fellowship few men get to experience. While cost may be great now the reward once again seems greater - and for the first time in months, tangible!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable pictures! What wise words you speak, "While cost may be great now, the reward once again seems greater." So glad to see you have survived those early, challenging months.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments. I'll do my best to answer questions as quickly as possibly, but with three tiny humans, it can get busy around here. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...