Friday 15 April 2011

Meet Kylie

I did mention "big news" a few weeks ago - just before the kids got that nasty bug and I was running around like a headless chicken trying to sort everything for our mystery guest. 







































I'd like to introduce Kylie to you. She is my new person. She is our friend, our extra pair of hands, our ally in the rom-com vote department. She has been with us for two weeks today and this is the first time I've had an opportunity to tell you about her, and its only because she has taken the kids out an a walk. We have been super busy, and if Im honest I shouldn't even be doing this right now! But I cant resist. 


































She will be with us until September. Longer if I have my way! 





We took her to London's Bourough Market, and a stroll down the South Bank of the Thames, starting at Hayes Galleria. The boys enjoying taking in the battle ship HMS Belfast before settling at a sweet french seafood restaurant for lunch with the kids. Asher stole my calamari pan starter and demolished it, with a fork. 


The market was busy so I didn't get many pictures, but I couldn't resist these French sisters delights. I might have bought three of those tarts and not shared. 




















































































































We are delighted to have our sweet new addition - not least of all because I got to do up a VERY girly room! More on that when I find the pictures I took of it. For now, take in this gorgeous London market!

































JOY! for the arrival of figs. They land up in breakfast, salads, desserts, preserves, cakes, meat mains and anything else I can sneak them into over the summer. 

Our time at the Tate might have run smoother had people paid attention to the sign below. Needless to say, liftfulls of able bodies adults took the lift ahead of us and our pushchair. No less than FIVE liftfulls. 



























The view from the third floor of the gallery through the original power plant windows is something to behold. I love London Symmetry when you find it. This kind of symmetry is ALL OVER Paris, but finding it in London is a little more challenging. 




























We finished our day at a fascinating exhibition with over a million hand crafted porcelain sunflower seeds. Read about it here. Each one individual. So special. Come on, follow that link. 



I Im hosting two showers this weekend and catering and doing the flowers for a wedding next weekend so you may not see much of me, but Im thinking of you all! Much love ladies xxx

4 comments:

  1. looks like a great time! makes me want to go to london even more!! have a great time with your friend and showers/weddings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Looks like you are keeping busy.

    You'll have to share some fig recipes. I have a huge fig tree in our backyard and I have no idea what to do with all that fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to Bourough Market... I'll have to go there next time we are in London... I'll pretty much go anywhere for a good pastry :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments. I'll do my best to answer questions as quickly as possibly, but with three tiny humans, it can get busy around here. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...