Wednesday 25 August 2010

Back to Africa


My recent long absence was due to the fact that I headed home alone on a plane with my 7mth old and my newly-turned-2yr old on an 11hr flight. The British Border Agency lost everything that proved I was who I was, and after a month short of a year of back and forwardsing via the postal service (as they dont believe in human contact - not even the telephonic kind!) we realised my South African drivers license was about to expire and I would not only then be without ANY form of ID, but the family would also be rendered driverless! Upon this realisation flights were booked, cars sorted and family given a weeks forewarning, and I headed back to a beautiful, warm, sunny South African winter.

The flights cost a fortune as it was in the MIDDLE of the Football World Cup - but I got to see a game live at the Moses Mabida Stadium in Durban, with **FREE** tickets complements of my Dad in-law who was a project manager on the stadium.



It was a real treat to see my "home town" shining in all its glory on the world stage - and much to my surprise I even loved the football match!

Its amazing to see Gods hand in getting us there - I had NO desire to go without my husband to a place (if Im honest!) I didnt feel safe to be with my precious babies. BUT was the most precious time. There is MANY a post to follow about His perfect hand in our trip. I wont bore you by blurting it all out in one!

Just wanted to let you all know - Im back! Distracted, tired, with a too do list longer than my arm - with babyshowers and teas for 500 in the next month to sort, but back nevertheless!

Much Love

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, brave Mama! I'm so happy that it all worked out.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your comments. I'll do my best to answer questions as quickly as possibly, but with three tiny humans, it can get busy around here. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...